Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fly Away With Me

Thousand Paper Crane Project begins to unfold
Just a few days in the life of the Uniform Project
 Who can resist interactive creativity?  It's one thing to commit to an ongoing project, like A Collection a Day (which I very much enjoyed), yet quite another to rely upon your audience for success.

My favourite so far is The Uniform Project, where Sheena Mathieken wore the same dress every day for a year in a completely different way.  Not only did she triumph, over $100,000 was raised to support her chosen cause: The Akanksha Foundation, which provides education to children living in Indian slums. Wow.

I've thrown my hat in the ring for the Thousand Paper Crane Project, where Rich Greenhagen has devised a 1,000 word love letter, written each word on a piece of paper, folded it into a paper crane and is posting them out to volunteers all over the world.  Once received, participants reveal the word in a photograph sent back to the artist, who posts them in their correct order until the entire love letter is revealed.  I must admit... it's good old fashioned romance that's reeled me in.  mb

No comments:

Post a Comment